What I use
This is how it looks:
Editor and Terminal 👨💻
- Right now I'm using VSCode. Sometimes I do alternate between that and WebStorm. I like both of them, and I like to take myself out of my comfort zone. So, when I feel too comfortable 🛋️ with one, I switch to the other. It doesn't make any sense, I know.
- Theme wise, I'm using the Fortnite theme. I love the bright color, the purple tint and the not-so-in-your-face style.
- As for font, I'm alternating between Dank Mono and JetBrains Mono. I like both of them and I always enable italics and font ligatures.
- In terms of terminal, I alternate between Hyper and Warp. I do use Fig with both of them for that sweet extra utility added.
- When it comes to Browsers, right now I'm loving Arc. I do alternate between whatever I'm trying out and Safari usually.
- Most of this stuff can be found/seen in my Dotfiles repo. Don't just copy paste this stuff. This is what works for me. Take your time and set up your own Dotfiles repo. I really recommend it. I used this course and it was super useful.
Desktop Apps 🖥️
- For day to day, I can't recommend Sizzy enough. It's something else. For a web developer it's a paradigm shift.
- I use Raycast as a Spotlight replacement.
- For task management I use Things and I follow Getting Things Done(or some version of it, tailored for my needs)
- Right now I use the default Apple Mail app. I keep wanting to change cause it's ugly, but I never get to it.
- For design, I use Figma. Not happy that Adobe bought it, but it is what it is.
- I use a MacbookPro 2021 16”, M1 Max 💻. Overkill for a web developer, I know.
- For the noise and sound part, I use the AirPods Max 🎧. I know they are expensive, but I love them.
- Phone wise, I use an iPhone 13 Pro 📱. Works great, good battery, awesome camera.
- Last but not least, I use the iPad Pro 12.9” 2021 for writing this post right now. It's the thing I use for media consumption, writing articles, quick doodling, note taking, and basically all the things I don't want to carry my laptop for. I am using a keyboard case for it, the Logitech Combo Touch. It's great for typing and for media consumption. It's just a bit heavy.
Desk Setup 💺
- My monitor is a Lenovo ThinkVision P27h 🖥️. I love it. I read that QHD is better for MacOS Scaling than 4K, and the monitor allows for a 1 cable setup. I love that. USB-C Power!
- I am one of those people that use a mechanical keyboard. A custom one for that matter. The chassis is from Akko 5075B Plus ⌨️, I modded it with tape, PC board and changed the keys to with the Milk&Honey Cherry Profile 🥛🍯. The switches I also changed them to use the Ajazz Diced Fruit - Kiwi 🥝
- I use the Apple Magic Trackpad.
- I do have a couple of Hue 💡 and Twinkly 🌈 lights around my desk, that I automate using HomeKit to make everything cozier. I just love the colors.
- I also have a Xiaomi Mi Monitor Light Bar. I love the warm light on my desk. Again, it makes everything cozier.
I think this is about it. If there's anything that you want to know about, let me know, and I'll update this.